Back Pain Treatment
Back pain mainly originates from the spinal cord and may cause discomfort as you work, sit, or even sleep. Extreme pain may deter you from engaging in regular daily activities and reduce your quality of life. At Miranda Chiropractic in Kailua Kona, we help our patients reduce or eliminate their back pain using chiropractic care.
When To Visit The Chiropractor
Most times, back pain will improve with home remedies and self-care. However, reach out to a reputable chiropractor if you experience the following symptoms:
- Persistent back pain that lasts a few weeks and does not improve with rest.
- Pain extending in one or both legs especially if it extends below the knees.
- Numbness, or weakness in one or both of your legs.
- Unexplained loss of weight.
- Pain and discomfort during sleep.
Diagnosis helps the chiropractor identify the source of your pain. Back pain is often the result of nerve problems, mechanical causes, and underlying infections or chronic diseases. Pain that originates from nerve problems may come from spinal stenosis or herniated lumbar discs. Underlying infections from open wounds, joint infections, and hemophilia can also cause back pain.
This therapeutic treatment method is common in treating lower back pain. Its objective is the reduction of subluxation. Besides subluxation, it helps restore your range of motion and improves nerve function.
The process involves the following three steps:
- A high-velocity thrust on the short lever arm on the vertebra
- An audible release of joint cavitation through gases like oxygen and carbon dioxide to ease joint pressure
- A sensation of relief if the patient was not tense during the adjustment. In cases where the patient is tense, there may be a minor discomfort that lasts a few moments.
Chiropractic Exercises and Therapy In Kailua Kona, HI
Chiropractic treatment involves different therapies, which include heat and ice therapy, hydrotherapy, electrical stimulation, among others. There is always a therapy that can work for your condition. You do not have to suffer alone with the pain. Our chiropractic care team at Miranda Chiropractic in Kailua Kona is ready to provide the pain relief you deserve. If you are suffering from back pain and would like to find effective treatment without having to rely on pain medication or surgery, call us today at (808) 331-1205 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Miranda.