Work Injury Accident Injury in Kailua Kona, HI With Our Chiropractor
Say aloha to a healthier life and a more satisfying career! At Miranda Chiropractic, our Kailua Kona chiropractor, Dr. Philip Miranda, spends his time helping hard-working Hawaiians heal from different types of acute or chronic work injury accident injury—injuries which otherwise can make life on the job less enjoyable and less productive.
Why Do Work Injuries Happen?
Most of us spend 40+ hour per week at work, and whether we have a physically demanding job (like construction workers and first responders) or sit most of the day, there are plenty of factors which may be increasing our risk for injury. These include:
- Poor posture, body mechanics, and ergonomics (workplace set-up)
- Frequent heavy lifting, bending, or twisting (or frequent operation of heavy machinery)
- Prolonged times spent sitting
- Stress and poor sleep (these can lead to distraction and inattention, which could increase the risk of accidents)
- Slips, trips, and falls
- Work-related auto accidents
- Repetitive movement, e.g., typing, hammering, etc.
Even poor nutrition and hydration can increase your risk for work injury by leaving you depleted of the nutrients and hydration your body needs for a full day of energy.
Common Types of Work Injury
So, with all the underlying causes of a work injury, the next thing to discuss is what these factors can potentially lead to. Dr. Miranda and his staff frequently diagnose and treat the following types of work injury:
- Nerve compression, including sciatica and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Neck pain, often from whiplash (e.g., after a slip or car accident) or tech neck (forward flexed posture)
- Back pain, often from vertebral joint subluxations or mechanical stress/tension on the muscles, ligaments, and discs
How Our Kailua Kona Chiropractor Helps You Recover From a Work Injury
Seeking help for a work injury as soon as possible is essential because it can help you avoid disability and prevent you from missing out on the activities outside of work that you love. Our Kailua Kona chiropractor can offer:
- Chiropractic adjustments
- Massage therapy
- Nutritional guidance
- Postural screens (including digital X-ray imaging) and re-training
Together, these services address the root causes of your work injury, heal and revitalize affected tissues, and alleviate your symptoms for the longest-lasting relief. The moral of the story: don't ignore a nagging little ache or pain in the workplace—otherwise, it could turn into a bigger and more costly problem!
Injured at Work?
Chiropractic treatment can help you return to work faster and feeling better than ever. If you're struggling with a work injury accident injury and are ready to see how our Kailua Kona chiropractor can help you heal, contact Miranda Chiropractic now at (808) 331-1205!